The most common problem which occurs in Samsung mobile phones and tablets is the problem of Touchwiz Home. Most of them get this error, which says, “Touchwiz Home Has Stopped.” Now, the question arises How to fix it?
Read the full article and resolve the issue; unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped error on your device.
Samsung develops Touchwiz Interface for only Samsung smartphones and tablets. It is not an Operating system; actually, it is a full-featured touch user interface. All those mobile phones, tablets that run Touchwiz are running on Android, Bada, Symbian, or Windows Mobile. There are so many Samsung device users who face the Touchwiz error problem.
When the error comes, it shows an “Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home Has Stopped” message on the screen. And this error freezes your device, so you need to restart your device, and there is no other option.
Now, the main problem comes when the Touchwiz error does not go, and it appears again and again. Now, what is the solution for that? The reason for this error can be an issue or bug. And there are different solutions available to solve the error.
So, check out the methods by which you can fix the issue “TouchWiz Home has stopped.” Use the given process and solve the problem.
Do you own an Android device that shows an “Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped” error message; then, follow this 3 step guide to get a fix for that:
This error TouchWiz home has stopped really annoyed many users and demanded an update from Samsung officially, including Samsung mobile services. Sometimes these Samsung TouchWiz errors are caused by some unwanted and 3rd party apps, people are eager to search how to get free apps on the Google play store, and they got stuck on spam apps since the TouchWiz launcher is not enough works as a firewall. We suggest you add the device to the google play apps store carefully and keep your phone out of useless apps. Also, it would help if you keep an eye on the TouchWiz update too.
Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error in: 24 minutes
STEP 1. Apply Easy Mode
Go to Settings >> Home screen mode >> Select Easy mode >> Click Apply.
Here the screen will refresh and come again in a few seconds. The error gets solved by this method too.
STEP 2. Change Animation Scale
But if that error still presents there, you need to change the animation scale in the developer option; for that, you need to put the animation scale back. This error is regarding drawing the objects that mean movements of icons, pages, etc., on screen.
STEP 3. Change Transition Scale
Go to Settings >> Developer option >> Window Animation Scale >> select .5x to 5x or any.
Also, try changing the Transition animation scale, or you need to change the Animator duration scale setting too, and one will surely work.
You may also like to read …
- Best Free Fastest Web Browsers For PC
- Best Social Media Security Apps To Protection From Hackers
- 15 Amazing Computer Tricks And Tips Everyone Should Know
- 2 Easy Ways to Remove Phone Number from TrueCaller
- How to Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar in Windows 10
Clear Cache And Data Of The App
This method will be deleting all the cache and data for the Touchwiz Home app. You might solve the problem if somewhere the issue is in the files or data. Follow the given steps and clear the cache and data of the app.
- First, you need to switch off your device as we need to boot it in a safe mode
- Press the key of Volume down when the device is booting when it turns ON
- As the bootup process is done, release the volume down key.
- At the bottom of the left side, there is a notification for Safe MODE.
- Now, Go To Settings > App Manager > All applications.
- There in the list, you will see Touchwiz Home at the end.
- Please tap on the app and open it
- There Wipe out all the app’s cache and data by clicking “Clear Cache” and Clear Data.
- Reboot the device
UPDATE:How To Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error
For the TouchWiz crash: “Unfortunately, Touchwiz has stopped,” disable Gestures in Parameters; no reboot is needed. Works.
In most of the devices, these simple solution works, but even after using this method, you could not solve your problem then try out the next method.
Soft Reset Your Device
One of the main thing you need to do is Soft reset your device and solve the error. If the TouchWiz error has occurred on Samsung Galaxy S5 for the first time, there can be a problem in the firmware or the TouchWiz system. So, just simply soft reset can solve your problem.
Follow the steps and Soft reset your device:
- While your phone is on, remove the battery from your device
- Press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds
- Place the battery in the phone
- Now turn On your Phone.
This method helps you to reset your phone’s memory and help you out to solve the error.
However, if the problem is still not solved, then you need to Factory reset your device.
Switching to Easy mode
Easy Mode is designed to streamline the user experience by removing some complicated features that might clutter the screen and confuse it. Some users have reported that switching to Easy Mode and switching back to standard mode will remove the “Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home has stopped.” Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings, scroll down to the Personal tab and tap on Easy mode.
2. Browse through the menus for a good while and restart your device.
3. After the restart, go back to Settings > Easy mode and set it to Standard mode.
Factory Reset Your Device
However, do not forget to take the backup of your important data when you try this method. If you don’t know how to make a Backup, follow the given steps, first take your device’s backup, and then do the factory reset.
One of the best and normal ways is to use Samsung’s own Kies software, which is normally used to update Samsung devices’ software.How To Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error
Now, follow the steps to take a backup of the device with a Google Account help.
- Go to Settings of your device
- Open General > Backup and Reset
- Here you will get two options Back Up my Data and Automatic Restores.
- Choose the option by ticking on the checkbox.
- This will take the backup details like Wifi password, App data, and Google settings
Another method to take backup is using the Samsung Account.
- Go to Application> Settings > User and backup > Account and make sure there is a Samsung account Signed in
- If the option is On then, it will sync the contacts, calendar
Once you have taken backup then go to Factory reset. Check out the steps to factory reset your device.
- First of all, Switch Off your device
- Now, Hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up button together for a few seconds until the Android logo shows up on the screen; now release the button
- for highlighting any option, use the Volume down button
- Confirm any option using the Power key
- Highlight the factory reset option by using the volume key and confirm it with a power button
- Now, select “Delete all user data” and confirm
- Wait until you see the “Reboot system now” option and select it
- Your device will restart, and you need to set up your device again
Moreover, “Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped” is a different kind of error and has a different solution. Now, here we have addressed the Android errors and solutions: Touchwiz home crashes on moving icons to folders, Galaxy S5 freezes, then Android shows Touchwiz error pops up a message, “Use Touchwiz Home as Home” TouchWiz crashes every time while uninstalling mobile apps.
More related topics …
- How To Overcome Wireless Car Charger Problem
- Best Fake Email Address Generators – Get Free Temporarily Email
- Solution For Windows 10 Internet Not Working After Windows Update
- Solution For Getting Windows Ready, Don’t Turn off Your Computer Windows 10 Stuck Error
- 8 Tips to Engage Customers On Social Media Easily
Wipe Cache Partition
When the above solution does not work for you, you should try to wipe your device’s cache partition. This is an effective method for Samsung devices that solves several app issues, and it might also solve this error.
So go through the steps below:
- First, turn off your device by pressing the Power button
- Now hold the Volume Up + Power button
- After you see the Android screen like the image below, leave the button and wait for Recovery Mode
- In Recovery Mode, select Wipe Cache Partition using Volume buttons
- Then press the Power button to confirm Wipe Cache Partition.
- At last, when the process is over, reboot your phone once. And now check if the error is still coming.
FAQ About Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error
What are the reasons for unfortunately TouchWiz has stopped error?
The error comes to the user several times, and suddenly it disappears, and the phone restarts again and works normally. But in some cases, the phone freezes completely and is not in a condition to work. So, the user does not seem able to use the phone even using the physical button.
What happens if I disable TouchWiz?
TouchWiz is Samsung’s custom user interface (UI) placed on top of the Android operating system. TouchWiz has improved over the years, but some users find it frustrating and prefer stock Android experience in their smartphones and tablets. Some users suggest that TouchWiz makes a device slow and sluggish. So, some functions can be removed without completely disabling the entire TouchWiz.
How do I stop TouchWiz from popping up?
Samsung’s S Planner app is the one that keeps on bothering the users constantly. So first trash the icon from the Home screen and then disable it by going to Settings > Application > Application manager > S Planner > Force Stop it. Next, disable and clear the data and cache.
Conclusion – Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error
So, these are some of the methods by which you can solve the “Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped” Error. If you are also getting this error on your Samsung device, then try out any method given above. If you have any other queries or suggestions in this article, do let us know in the comment section. We are always open to your article recommendations, so feel free to suggest some topics. Thanks a lot for reading.