The most common problem in Samsung mobile phones and tablets is the problem of Touchwiz Home. Most of them get this error, saying, “Unfortunately Touchwiz Home has Stopped.” Now, the question arises how to fix it?
Read the full article and resolve the issue; unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped error on your device.
Samsung develops Touchwiz Interface for only Samsung smartphones and tablets. It is not an Operating system; actually, it is a full-featured touch user interface. All those mobile phones tablets that run Touchwiz are running on Android, Bada, Symbian, or Windows Mobile. There are so many Samsung device users who face the Touchwiz error problem.
The main problem comes when the Touchwiz error does not go, and it appears repeatedly. Now, what is the solution for that? The reason for this error can be an issue or bug. And there are different solutions available to solve the error.
So, check out how you can fix the issue Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has stopped. Use the given process and solve the problem.
Do you own an Android device that shows an “Unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped” error message; then follow these 3 quick steps guide to get a fix for that:
The solutions in this article are all designed to fix unfortunately Touchwiz home has stopped error on Samsung. Please choose a method you trust to repair the device without damaging it.
Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has Stopped Error in: 12 minutes
Apply Easy Mode
Go to Settings >> Home screen mode >> Select Easy mode >> Click Apply.
Here the screen will refresh and come again in a few seconds. The error gets solved by this method too.
Change Animation Scale
But if that error still exists, you need to change the animation scale in the developer option; for that, you need to put the animation scale back. This error is regarding drawing the objects that mean movements of icons, pages, etc., on screen.
Change Transition Scale
Go to Settings >> Developer option >> Window Animation Scale >> select .5x to 5x or any.
Also, try changing the Transition animation scale, or you need to change the Animator duration scale setting too, and one will indeed work.
We suggest you add the device to the google play apps store carefully and keep your phone out of useless apps. Also, it would help if you kept an eye on the TouchWiz update.
You may also like to read:
- Best Free Fastest Web Browsers for PC
- Best Social Media Security Apps to Protection from Hackers
- 15 Amazing Computer Tricks and Tips Everyone Should Know
- 2 Easy Ways to Remove Phone Number from TrueCaller
- How to Disable Meet Now Icon from Taskbar in Windows 10
1. Turn off Motions and Gesture
Samsung devices, which run on any Android version previous to Marshmallow, are bound to encounter the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the issue. You can resolve this problem by turning off functions related to motions and gesture settings.
To do that, follow the steps below to fix unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped error:
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Motions and gesture.’
- A screen will appear, disable the ‘Motions and gesture’ functions.
2. Clear Cache and Data of the App
This method will delete all the cache and data for the Touchwiz Home app. You might solve the problem if somewhere the issue is in the files or data. Follow the given steps and clear the cache and data of the app.
- First, you need to switch off your device to boot it in a safe mode.
- Press the key of Volume down when the device is booting when it turns ON
- As the bootup process is done, release the Volume down key.
- At the bottom of the left side, there is a notification for Safe MODE.
- Now, Go To Settings > App Manager > All applications.
- There in the list, you will see Touchwiz Home at the end.
- Please tap on the app and open it.
- Wipeout all the app's cache and data by clicking “Clear Cache” and Clear Data.
- Reboot the device
UPDATE: For the TouchWiz crash: “Unfortunately Touchwiz has stopped,” disable Gestures in Parameters; no reboot is needed. Works.Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has Stopped Error
In most devices, these simple solutions work, but even after using this method, you cannot solve your problem, then try out the following method.
3. Soft Reset Your Device to fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has Stopped
One of the main thing you need to do is Soft reset your device and solve the error. If the TouchWiz error has occurred on Samsung Galaxy S5 for the first time, there can be a problem in the firmware or the TouchWiz system. So, just simply soft reset can solve your problem.
Follow the steps and soft reset your device:
- While your phone is on, remove the battery from your device
- Press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds
- Place the battery in the phone
- Now turn On your Phone.
This method helps you reset your phone’s memory and help you solve the error.
However, if the problem is still not solved, you need to Factory reset your device.
4. Switching to Easy Mode
Easy Mode is designed to streamline the user experience by removing some complicated features that might clutter the screen and confuse it. Some users have reported that switching to Easy Mode and switching back to standard mode will remove the “Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home has stopped.” Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings, scroll down to the Personalization tab and tap on Easy mode.
2. Browse through the menus for a good while and restart your device.
3. After the restart, go back to Settings > Easy mode and set it to Standard mode.
5. Change the Animation Scale
Getting Touchwiz to reconfigure its animation scale has been known to fix this issue. Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Open the settings on the device and tap “Developer Option.” If you don't see this option, tap on “About device > Software Info.” Tap on build number 7 times until you see “You are a Developer” to get this option.
Step 2: Now scroll down to find the “Drawing” category and alter the values for “Window Animation Scale,” “Transition animation scale,” and “Animator Duration Scale.” You can increase them by 0.5x.
Step 3: Now restart the device to see if the problem is still there.
6. Factory Reset your Device
However, do not forget to take the backup of your important data when trying this method. If you don’t know how to make a Backup, follow the given steps, first take your device's backup, and then do the factory reset.
One of the best and normal ways is to use Samsung's own Kies software, which is normally used to update Samsung devices' software.Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has Stopped Error
Now, follow the steps to back up the device with Google Account help.
- Go to Settings of your device
- Open General > Backup and Reset
- Here you will get two options Back Up my Data and Automatic Restores.
- Choose the option by ticking on the checkbox.
- This will take the backup details like Wifi password, App data, and Google settings.
Another method to take backup is using the Samsung Account.
- Go to Application> Settings > User and backup > Account and make sure there is a Samsung account Signed in
- If the option is On, then it will sync the contacts, calendar
Once you have taken the backup, then go to Factory reset. Check out the steps to factory reset your device.
1. First of all, Switch Off your device.
2. Now, Hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up button together for a few seconds until the Android logo shows up on the screen; now, release the button for highlighting any option, use the Volume down button.
3. Confirm any option using the Power key
4. Highlight the factory reset option by using the volume key and confirming it with a power button
5. Now, select “Delete all user data” and confirm
6. Wait until you see the “Reboot system now” option and select it
7. Your device will restart, and you need to set up your device again
Moreover, “Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped” is a different kind of error and has another solution. Here we have addressed the Android errors and solutions: Touchwiz home crashes on moving icons to folders, Galaxy S5 freezes, then Android shows Touchwiz error pops up a message, “Use Touchwiz Home as Home” TouchWiz crashes every time while uninstalling mobile apps.
More related topics for you:
- How to Overcome Wireless Car Charger Problem
- Best Fake Email Address Generators – Get Free Temporarily Email
- Solution for Windows 10 Internet not Working After Windows Update
- Fix Getting Windows Ready, Don’t Turn off Your Computer Windows 10 Stuck Error
- 8 Tips to Engage Customers on Social Media Easily
7. Wipe Cache Partition
When the above solution does not work for you, you should wipe your device's cache partition. It is an effective method for Samsung devices that solves several app issues and might also solve this error.
So go through the steps below:
- First, turn off your device by pressing the Power button
- Now hold the Volume Up + Power button
- After seeing the Android screen like the image below, leave the button and wait for Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, select Wipe Cache Partition using Volume buttons
- Then press the Power button to confirm Wipe Cache Partition.
- At last, when the process is over, reboot your phone once. And now check if the error is still coming.
FAQs About Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has Stopped Error
What are the reasons for unfortunately TouchWiz has stopped error?
The error comes to the user several times, and suddenly it disappears, and the phone restarts again and usually works. But in some cases, the phone freezes entirely and is not in a condition to work. So, the user cannot use the phone even using the physical button.
What happens if I disable TouchWiz?
TouchWiz is Samsung's custom user interface (UI) placed on the Android operating system. TouchWiz has improved over the years, but some users find it frustrating and prefer stock Android experience in their smartphones and tablets. Some users suggest that TouchWiz makes a device slow and sluggish. So, some functions can be removed without completely disabling the entire TouchWiz.
How do I stop TouchWiz from popping up?
Samsung’s S Planner app is the one that keeps on bothering the users constantly. First, trash the icon from the Home screen and then disable it by going to Settings > Application > Application manager > S Planner > Force Stop it. Next, disable and clear the data and cache.
Final Words on Unfortunately TouchWiz Home has Stopped Error
These are some methods by which you can solve the Unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped error. If you are also getting this error on your Samsung device, try out any above method. If you have any other queries or suggestions in this article, do let us know in the comment section.
We are always open to your article recommendations, so feel free to suggest some topics. Thanks a lot for reading.