Many of the users were unable to watch any video on the Hulu app, and whenever they try to stream any video, the screen shows the “ Hulu Error Code 301” error. Are you the one who is getting this error while watching any video? If yes, then do you know the solution to this error? Do not worry, as we are here with a solution to fix Hulu Error Code 301. Go through the full article and check out the solution to fix the error.
Hulu is an American based video streaming paid service. The users need to pay money to activate their account, which can be used on any device to watch their favorite TV shows and Movies. Here, you can stream several Shows, Movies, TV series, etc.
What Causes Hulu Error Code 301?
First, see the reasons due to which this Hulu error code 301 is caused. So, here we have gathered the most common reasons because of which the error code 301 occurs.
- Cache/ Cookies.
- Slow Internet Connection.
- DNS Issue.
- Date and Time.
- Many devices are connected to Hulu simultaneously.
You may also like read:
- How to Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar in Windows 10
- How To Overcome Wireless Car Charger Problem
- Best Fake Email Address Generators – Get Free Temporarily Email
- Solution For Windows 10 Internet Not Working After Windows Update
- 8 Tips to Engage Customers On Social Media Easily
How to Fix Hulu Error 301 By Reboot
The easiest and most recommended solution for Hulu error code 301 is to reboot your device and devices for networking. Here is how you can get rid of Hulu error code 301 with easy steps.
Fix Hulu Error Code 301 in: 9 minutes
First, disconnect and then turn off your streaming device and network equipment linked to Hulu completely.
Switch on Device
Now, switch on your devices but do not connect it to Hulu for about a minute.
After a minute, connect your device again, switch it on, and check if Hulu error 301 persists.
Check if error code 301 has disappeared, if not, try new solutions.
How To Fix Hulu Error Code 301 Easily
When you try to play a movie or an episode of a show and see Hulu error code 301, your player could not access the requested content. The cause of the problem could be on Hulu’s end in the form of corrupt data or server issues, but it’s still worth checking problems on your end first.
Check out the methods and solve the Hulu Error Code 301.
1: Fix Hulu Error Code 301 by Clearing Cache
This method is available for those who use Hulu on PC or MAC. You need to clear the browser’s cache/cookies if you are getting this error. Follow the steps and clear the cache from your browser.
For Google Chrome:
- First, open Chrome and open the new tab.
- At the top right corner of the screen, click on the three dots.
- Click on the More Tools option and choose “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Then tap on “Time Range” and choose “All Time.”
- Check the options, and then tap on “Clear Data.“
- All the cookies and cache will be cleared from the Chrome Browser.
- Now, try to open the Hulu app and check whether you are getting the error or not.
2: Fix Hulu Error Code 301 by Changing DNS Settings
You must reconfigure some of the DNS settings to enter it correctly. The method to change DNS settings is different for all the devices. Check out the following steps for different devices.
Steps for PC:
- Press Windows + R keys together and then type “ncpa.cpl”
- Now, do right click and choose Properties.
- And Double click on the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPV4)
- Now, check the use of the Following DNS Server Addresses.
- For the Preferred DNS server, write in 22.214.171.124, and for the Alternative DNS Server, write “126.96.36.199.”
- Click on OK and save your settings.
- Now, check the app to see whether the error is still occurring or not.
Steps for PlayStation:
- On your play station, go to Settings and select “Network.”
- Now, click on the “Set up Internet Connection.”
- Tap on Wifi or LAN option
- Click on the Custom option for setup.
- For IP Address and DHCP settings choose automatic, if there is no preference.
- For “DNS Settings,” click on the Manual option.
- Now, click on Primary DNS and enter “188.8.131.52”
- Then click on Secondary DNS and enter “184.108.40.206”
3: Disconnect Other Devices to Fix Hulu Error Code 301
If at the same time, many devices are connected to the same time to stream videos, then you must disconnect other devices.
When Hulu detects many devices transmitted from the related account, it suspects a suspicious objection when the services are distributed. Therefore, to eliminate the error, tilt all computing devices, and use Hulu on a single device.How To Fix Hulu Error Code 301
As it is disturbing their services, and it might be blocked for your account. So, it is better to disconnect all the other devices which are connected to the account. Make sure no one else is using the account, and then try again to get connected.
4: Reconfiguring Date and Time Settings
Make sure the Date and Time settings are correctly configured. If the service sees that the date and time are not proper, then this error might occur.
More trending resources for you:
- Best Free YouTube To MP3 Converters Software
- Download Music From TikTok Video On Computer, Android, And iPhone
- Ways To Earn Money Online Without Investment
- 9 Best Live Net TV App Alternatives
- 7 Easy Steps To Delete Disabled AdSense Account Permanently
5: Reinstalling the Hulu App
Even after trying out all these methods, if you are still getting an error, the last try is to reinstall the Hulu app. Uninstall the app from your device and download it again. Even after doing this, the error is still the same, then contact customer support and try to solve it.
6: Connect Your Device to an Ethernet Cable or Router
While streaming on Hulu using WiFi would possibly create a problem sometimes. So try switching to the wired connection or move your device closer to the router.
However, quite recently, there are a number of reports during which users cannot watch any videos, and “Error code 301” appears as soon as they are attempting to stream movies.
Error messages aren’t invariably helpful as soon as Hulu stops working. One of the most frequent error messages signifies that a playback failure has occurred. This message is often seen on Roku, Fire TV, Xbox and PlayStation consoles, and streaming devices such as Vizio, LG, and other smart TVs.
7: Check Your Internet Connection Speed
Everyone knows how it feels like when the internet connection is not good. If the internet is not good, then nothing works better. So, this can be one of the reasons your Hulu app might not be working properly.
If the internet speed is not good, Hulu might decrease the video’s speed as the Hulu video needs 3.0 Mbps and 8.0 Mbps while you watch Live TV. So, check out your Internet Speed test in case you are having trouble watching the Hulu app.
8: Check For Updates
Many times, pending updates are overlooked; these updates could include fixes to errors and bugs.
Try installing the pending updates and run the latest version of the app; this can help you solve the problem. You can visit Google Play Store or the App Store and search Hulu to see if there are any updates available.
FAQs About Fix Hulu Error Code 301
How to fix the Hulu error 301 in Windows 10?
The Hulu error 301 doesn’t have a single fix. You have to resolve the cause of the problem on your system before you’re able to stream again. So, follow the solutions we’ve mentioned, and certainly one of them will help you get rid of the issue.
Why does Hulu keep giving me an error message?
If the error is a playback error, it usually means there is a problem with your streaming device or app. Whether you’re watching it on your smartphone, Macbook or PS4, try to delete and reinstall the Hulu app or restart your device.
How do I clear the Hulu cache?
Go to Settings > Apps > Hulu > Storage > select Clear Cache and Clear Data from the home screen.
Conclusion – Fix Hulu Error Code 301
So, these are a few of the methods by which you can solve Hulu Error 301. If you are getting this error while streaming your favorite movies or shows, then try out the given methods to solve the error. We hope this article was helpful to you. Do let us know which of the above fixes worked for you. If we have missed out on any such useful method to fix Hulu error code 301, please let us know about it in the comments section below.