Microsoft has released another new Windows 10 Build 20221, which has added a Meet Now icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. So, you can now easily host or join a meeting on skype without even visiting the website or opening the app, but how to disable meet now icon from taskbar in windows 10?
If the Windows 10 Meet Now feature isn’t for you, we’ll show you ways to disable the meet now icon from the taskbar through this guide’s integration.
In the Windows 10 operating system, you may see the icon for the “Meet Now” feature in the taskbar. When clicked, it allows users to start or join meetings on Skype. If you are looking to disable the meet now icon from the taskbar, then here are the two methods that show you how you can do so.
Simply Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar
This is the quickest method to disable the Meet Now icon from the taskbar. Right-click the Meet Now icon from the taskbar, and then from the context menu, click on the “Hide” option, and the icon will be removed.
Another Method To Remove Meet Now Icon
Select personalization option
Toggle meet now button
After you have followed this process, you won’t see the Meet Now icon in the Taskbar of your computer. To re-enable it, follow the same process mentioned above but instead of turning off the toggle, turn the toggle On.
Removing Meet Now via the Group Policy
Note: The new Meet Now icon is not added on Windows 10 Enterprise systems or Azure Active Directory accounts.Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar
System administrators may disable (or enable) the Meet Now icon on the Windows 10 taskbar using the Group Policy. The Group Policy is only available in professional editions of Windows 10, and not in Windows 10 Home.
Here is how that is done:
- You need elevated rights to use the Group Policy.
- Use Windows-R to open the runbox.
- Type gpedit.msc and select OK.
- Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
- Double-click on “Remove the Meet Now icon“.
- Set the feature to “Enabled” to hide the icon on the taskbar of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Restart the PC.
You may also like to read:
- Ways To Earn Money Online Without Investment
- 9 Best Live Net TV App Alternatives
- 11 Tips To Get Google AdSense Approval With New Website
- 7 Solutions To Fix Steam Voice Chat Not Working in Windows 10 Easily
- 15 Ways To Fix Download Pending Error in Google Play Store
Quickly Hide or Show Meet Now icon on Taskbar
Open the Settings app.
Browse to Personalization > Taskbar.
On the right, click on the Select which icons appear on the taskbar link.
On the next page, turn on to show (used by default) or off to hide the Meet Now taskbar icon for what you want.
Finally, you can drag-and-drop the Meet Now icon from the taskbar to that flyout, and it will instantly become hidden. That’s it.
How to Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar With Registry
If you use the Home edition of Windows 10, you can still disable the taskbar video chat integration by editing the Registry.
To remove or disable the Meet Now icon modifying the Registry, use these steps below:
1. Open Start.
2. Search for regedit and click the top result to open the Registry Editor.
3. Browse the following path:
1. Right-click the Policies (folder) key, select the New submenu and choose the Key option.
2. Name the key Explorer and press Enter.
3. Right-click the Explorer (folder) key, select the New submenu, and choose the DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
4. Name the key HideSCAMeetNow and press Enter.
5. Double-click the newly created DWORD and set the value from 0 to 1. See image above.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Restart your computer.
More interesting articles for you:
- Fastest Best Android Browsers
- 12 Ways To Increase Organic Traffic To Your Website
- How To Optimize The Page With Perfect SEO
- Top 300+ Free Blog Submission Sites With High Domain Authority
- How to Download Videos From Discord – 2 Easy Ways
FAQs – Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar in Windows 10
Why is meet now on my taskbar?
Is meet now a spyware?
Who owns meet now?
Conclusion – Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar
While it’s impossible to uninstall ‘Meet Now’ in Windows 10, but you can certainly hide it from the taskbar pretty easily.
This is how you can add or remove the Meet Now button from the taskbar in Windows 10. For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned with us.