Microsoft has released another new Windows 10 Build 20221, which has added a Meet Now icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. So, you can now easily host or join a meeting on skype without even visiting the website or opening the app, but how to disable meet now icon from taskbar in windows 10?
In the Windows 10 operating system, you may see the icon for the “Meet Now” feature in the taskbar. When clicked, it allows users to start or join meetings on Skype. If you are looking to disable the meet now icon from the taskbar, here are the two methods that show you how to do so.
Disable Meet Now Icon from Taskbar
it's the quickest method to disable the Meet Now icon from the taskbar. Right-click the Meet Now icon from the taskbar, and then click on the “Hide” option from the context menu, and it will remove the icon.
Another Method to Remove Meet Now Icon
This method will show you a step-by-step process of disabling or removing the “Meet Now” button from the Settings app's taskbar.
Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar in: 7 minutes
Open the Settings app on your computer. For this, press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
Select personalization option
Now, select the Personalization option, and in there, click on the “Taskbar” from the left side pane.
From the Notification area section, click on the “Turn system icons on or off” link on the right side.
Toggle the meet now button.
Turn off the toggle button for the “Meet Now” option on the open page.
After you have followed this process, you won’t see the Meet Now icon in the Taskbar of your computer. To re-enable it, follow the same method mentioned above but instead of turning off the toggle, turn the toggle On.
Removing Meet Now via the Group Policy
System administrators may disable (or enable) the Meet Now icon on the Windows 10 taskbar using the Group Policy.
Note: The new Meet Now icon is not added on Windows 10 Enterprise systems or Azure Active Directory accounts.Disable Meet Now Icon from Taskbar
The Group Policy is only available in professional editions of Windows 10 and not in Windows 10 Home.
This is how you can do it:
- You need elevated rights to use the Group Policy.
- Use Windows-R to open the runbox.
- Type gpedit.msc and select OK.
- Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
- Double-click on the “Remove the Meet Now icon“.
- Set the feature to “Enabled” to hide the icon on the taskbar of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Restart the PC.
You may also like to read:
- Ways to Earn Money Online Without Investment
- 9 Best Live Net TV App Alternatives
- 11 Tips to Get Google AdSense Approval With New Website
- 7 Solutions to Fix Steam Voice Chat not Working in Windows 10 Easily
- 15 Ways to Fix Download Pending Error in Google Play Store
Quickly Hide or Show Meet Now icon on Taskbar
Open the Settings app.
Browse to Personalization > Taskbar.
On the right, click on the Select, which icons appear on the taskbar link.
On the next page, turn on to show (used by default) or off to hide the Meet Now taskbar icon for what you want.
Finally, you can drag and drop the Meet Now icon from the taskbar to that flyout, and it will instantly become hidden. That's it.
How to Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar With Registry
If you use the Home edition of Windows 10, you can still disable the taskbar video chat integration by editing the Registry.
To remove or disable the Meet Now icon modifying the Registry, use these steps below:
1. Open Start.
2. Search for regedit and click the top result to open the Registry Editor.
3. Browse the following path:
1. Right-click the Policies (folder) key, select the New submenu and choose the Key option.
2. Name the key Explorer and press Enter.
3. Right-click the Explorer (folder) key, select the New submenu, and choose the DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
4. Name the key HideSCAMeetNow and press Enter.
5. Double-click the newly created DWORD and set the value from 0 to 1. See the image above.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Restart your computer.
More interesting articles for you:
- Fastest Best Android Browsers
- 12 Ways to Increase Organic Traffic to Your Website
- How to Optimize the Page With Perfect SEO
- Top 300+ Free Blog Submission Sites With High Domain Authority
- How to Download Videos from Discord – 2 Easy Ways
FAQs: Disable Meet Now Icon from Taskbar in Windows 10
Why is meet now on my taskbar?
Microsoft added the Meet Now icon to the Windows 10 taskbar. Microsoft added the button to make it easier for its operating system to create or join meetings.
Is meet now spyware?
Meet now is not spyware. Meet Now has been integrated into the OS. It is a part of a 128KB update to a Windows System component (Windows Shell Experience Host) that remains a part of the OS.
Who owns meet now?
Microsoft, which owns Skype, has released a new feature called “Meet Now.” There is no need for the users even to download the app or go through the elaborate signing-up process.
Conclusion – Disable Meet Now Icon from Taskbar
While it’s impossible to uninstall ‘Meet Now’ in Windows 10, you can hide it easily from the taskbar.
This is how you can add or remove the Meet Now button from the taskbar in Windows 10. For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned with us.