On our Android phone or tablet, we store all sorts of data such as contacts, text messages, chats, photos, videos, apps, and so on. To protect this important data, it is recommended to back up Android phone data. Once the backup is done, you can restore it whenever you want, and you don’t need to worry about losing files from your Android phone or tablet anymore.
Therefore, in this post, we will share ideal solutions to backup and restore Android phones or tablets data.
Backup and Restore Android Phones and Tablets With Google Account
Android Phones and tablets have a built-in feature that you can use to back up your files, including your calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Gmail, and more, to your own Google account directly. You can then restore them to any Android device anytime and from anywhere.
Because of the convenience, it is popular with many Android users. By the way, when you run out of 15 free storage space of Google cloud, you can expand the space by upgrading the storage plan on your Google account.
The process of backing up an Android phone to Google may vary slightly, depending on the manufacturer of your device.
You may also like to read:
- 7 Solutions To Fix Steam Voice Chat Not Working in Windows 10 Easily
- 15 Ways To Fix Download Pending Error in Google Play Store
- How to Download Videos From Discord – 2 Easy Ways
- Fastest Best Android Browsers
- 8 Ways To Fix; Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error Easily
What is Included in Google Backup?
Once you provide Google’s permission to access and backup your data, the following type of data can be saved to Google cloud servers.
App Data: Only App Related Data as available on your device will be backed up.
Apps, books, and music downloaded from Google Play Store are linked to your Google Account, and these can be downloaded at any time on your Android Phone.
Contacts & Call History: Call History and Contacts will be backed up to Google Drive.
Device Settings: Some system settings like date & time, Language, Display settings, home screen wallpapers, Wi-Fi networks, and Wi-Fi network passwords will be saved to your Google account.
SMS Text Messages: Only SMS Text Messages will be backed up; MMS attachments will not be included.
Emails and Calendars: Email will always be available in your Gmail Account. Contacts and Calendars events will get synced with Google Calendar on your Phone.
1. Unlock your Android phone or tablet and enter the Settings app. Then find the “Backup & Reset” option.
2. Switch on the “Back up my data” icon. Then click on the “Backup account” and then the “Add account” button.
3. You need to input your Google account on it. Your data and the settings will be backed up from the Android device to your Google account.
4. Turn on the “Automatic Restore” icon, and it will restore your data and settings quickly.
Backup Photos From Android Phone to Google Photos
Since Photos and Videos are not included in Google Backup, you can choose Google photos to backup photos from your Android Phone. If space is available in your Google Account, you will be able to backup photos and videos on your Android Phone to Google Photos.
Backup and Restore Android Phones or Tablets Data in: 12 minutes
Install Google Photos
Open the Photos App on your Android Phone or Tablet
Tap on Settings
Next, tap on the 3-line menu icon located at the top left corner of your screen and tap on Settings in the drop-down menu.
On the Settings screen, tap on Backup & sync.
Sync to ON
On the next screen, move the toggle next to Back up & Sync to ON position.
If space is not available in your Google Account, you will be prompted to Buy Additional Storage.
In case required, you can also enable the option to Backup Photos over Cellular Network.How to Backup and Restore Android Phones or Tablets Data
If space is available, you should be able to tap on Backup All to start the process of backing up Photos to Google. using WiFi Network.
Backup and Restore Samsung Android Phones and Tablets With Samsung Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch is another effective program that can back up and restore your Samsung Android phones or tablets with ease.
Please note that this supports Samsung phones or tablets on Android 4.3 or later versions only.How to Backup and Restore Android Phones or Tablets Data
With the simple steps, you can finish your data backup and restore the files between Samsung phones and tablets and the computer.
Backup and restore samsung android phones easily with Smart Switch
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on the computer. Then run the program directly.
- Connect your Android phone or tablet to the computer with a USB cable, and the program will quickly detect your device.
- You are required to tap on the “Allow” on your Samsung device to allow access permission on the phone/tablet.
- Then click on the “Backup” tab. The program will start backing up the files
To restore the data, connect a Samsung Android phone and click on the “Restore” button. If the backup is saved at the default location, it will list them.
Otherwise, you can browse and select the Samsung device backup file manually by clicking on the “Select your backup data” icon. You will see different types of data you backed up before. Select what data you want to restore and click on the “OK” and the “Restore now” buttons. It will begin the restoration process
More resources for you:
- How To Install Google Analytics On WordPress In 10 Minutes
- 5 Reasons – Why Tablets are Better Than Smartphones
- 9 Best Rated Craigslist Apps for Android and iOS
- Best Free Fastest Web Browsers For PC
- Best Social Media Security Apps To Protection From Hackers
Backup and Restore Android Phones or Tablets With Mobikin App
This is the fastest solution to back up and restore. Android phones or tablets are using Android backup and restore software from MobiKin, which can back up and restore all the files with 1 click to complete the task in a short time, even if there are too many files on your Android device.
What’s more, it works with contacts, messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, and documents. And it supports Wi-Fi and the USB cable connection between the Android phone/tablet and the computer.
Most importantly, it is compatible with Android phones and tablets, which are Android 2.1 and upper.
Steps to backup and restore android data with MobiKin
After installing the software on the PC, please open it, connect your Android phone/tablet to the PC with a USB cable, and make your device recognized as prompted.
To back up files on Android or tablet, please select the file types you want to back up and choose one location to store your files if needed, then click on the “Back Up” button to start to back up your files without any hassle.
- To restore the backup file to your Android phone, please tap on the “Restore” option, and then select the target backup file and the file categories you want to restore. Finally, tap on the “Restore” button to immediately restore the selected files to the Android phone/tablet.
Backup Photos From Android Phone to Computer
If space is not available in your Google Account, you can backup Photos on your Android Phone to your computer.
1. Connect Android phone to computer using its supplied cable.
2. Unlock your Phone by entering your Lock Screen Passcode.
3. On your computer, open File Explorer > click on your Phone in the left pane. In the right-pane, locate DCIM Folder and copy this to Desktop.
To copy the entire folder, right-click on DCIM Folder > select Copy in the contextual menu > right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Paste in the contextual menu.
4. Wait for the Photos to be copied to the Desktop
FAQ – How to Backup and Restore Android Phones or Tablets Data Easily
Where is backup file in Android?
Users can find this list in the Drive app’s navigation drawer under Settings > Backup and reset > App data on an Android-powered device.
How do I access Smart Switch backup files?
The Smart Switch file formats are proprietary, not human-readable, so you won’t be able to read them.
Are text messages backed up on Android?
Android doesn’t back up your text messages by default. If having a copy of your text messages is important to you, try another backup option.
Final Words – Backup and Restore Android Phones or Tablets Data
So, that’s how to back up and restore Android phones or tablets. These excellent solutions mentioned above are all worth trying since they have their own highlights. Choose one based on your requirements