The Handoff feature on the iPhone allows you to copy Text, Phone Number, and Photos on iPhone and paste them into iMessage, Safari, and other Apps on Mac.
Easily Copy Text from iPhone to Mac
Once the Handoff feature is enabled, anything that you copy on iPhone will be copied to Universal Clipboard, and it can be pasted on any other Apple Device using the same Apple ID.
The Universal Clipboard feature was available in 2012, and later versions of Mac and iPhones running iOS 10 or later versions (iPhone 5 and later).How to Copy Text from iPhone to Mac
Both devices need to be connected to the same WiFi network, and you need to be logged in to your Apple ID on both devices.
You may also like to read:
- How to Download Videos From Discord – 2 Easy Ways
- Fastest Best Android Browsers
- Ways To Fix; Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Error Easily
- Ways To Earn Money Online Without Investment
- 9 Best Live Net TV App Alternatives
Enable Handoff on iPhone and Mac
The first step is to enable the Handoff feature on both iPhone and Mac.
On iPhone, go to Settings > General > Handoff > move the toggle next to Handoff to ON position.
To enable Handoff on Mac, click on the Apple icon in the top menu bar and select System Preferences in the drop-down menu.
On the System Preferences screen, click on General tab > on the next screen, enable the option for Allow Handoff between this Mac and iCloud devices.
Once Handoff is enabled on iPhone and Mac, it enables the Continuity feature on both devices, which allows you to copy items on one device and paste it onto another device.
Copy from iPhone to Mac Using Universal Clipboard
All that is required to Copy Text from iPhone to Mac is to select the text you want to copy on your iPhone and paste it into an App that you are using on Mac.
1. On iPhone, select the text that you want to copy to Mac.
2. Tap on the select Text and select the Copy option in the bubble menu that appears.
3. On Mac, open iMessage, Safari, or any other App where you want to use this Content.
4. Click wherever you want the content to go and press the Command + V keys on your Mac's keyboard.
Like we did, you can copy and paste test from iPhone to Mac quickly. Likewise, you can copy a text or image on Mac and paste the same on your iPhone as well.How to Copy Text from iPhone to Mac
The text that you copied from the iPhone will be pasted on Mac. As mentioned above, this method can be used to copy Text, Phone Numbers, and Images.
More interesting resources for you:
- How To Fix Hulu Error Code 301 Easily
- How to Disable Meet Now Icon From Taskbar in Windows 10
- How To Overcome Wireless Car Charger Problem
- Best Fake Email Address Generators – Get Free Temporarily Email
- Solution For Windows 10 Internet Not Working After Windows Update
FAQs About How to Copy Text from iPhone to Mac
What is universal clipboard?
Apple added the Universal Clipboard to its Continuity feature. This clever idea allows users of compatible devices to share copied content seamlessly between devices.
Can you sync text messages from iPhone to Mac?
Enter the same Apple ID that you use with Messages on your iPhone and other Apple devices. Select Messages -> Preferences in the menu bar. Select the iMessage tab. Tick the box next to Enable Messages in iCloud. That's it.
Can I connect my iPhone to my MacBook via Bluetooth?
Using Bluetooth, you can connect your iPhone to your Mac for syncing iTunes wirelessly on both devices.
Conclusion – Copy Text from iPhone to Mac
Copying and pasting text from Mac to iOS device works the same way, making it easy to send a web address, written note, or entire document from computer to smartphone.