Task Manager is a powerful tool for Windows 10. It helps you kill a process, lets you check system usage, manage startup items, log in or log out users, and manage other system-related tasks, but how to keep task manager on top in Windows 10?
If you are using Task Manager, you can often set it as always on top of other windows; here’s how you can keep Task Manager always on top.
Keep Task Manager on Top in Windows 10
Maybe you are troubleshooting your Windows 10 or some of the installed apps on Windows 10. For that reason, you want to keep Task Manager always on top for a while. It is possible to keep the Task Manager always on top in Windows 10, similar to the Calculator app.
A built-in feature for Task Manager on Windows 10 lets you place the Task Manager on top of other applications or programs. However, it is also possible to use a third-party tool to keep Task Manager on top of all other applications or programs.
Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.How to Keep Task Manager on Top in Windows 10
- The first thing you have to do is launch the Task Manager, open the Task Manager by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keyboard shortcut and choose Task Manager.
- You can also open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC or right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click More details, which will open the full Task Manager window.
4. Now, on the menubar, click on Options and choose Always on Top, which turns on always on top mode. A checkbox will appear to the left of it.
Check the Task Manager; it will remain on top of all the windows you have opened.
If you don’t want the Task Manager to remain on top of other windows, repeat the steps and uncheck the option Always on Top; the Task Manager will run as a normal window.How to Keep Task Manager on Top in Windows 10
This feature will stay on even when you close the Task Manager and reopen it again.
You may also like to read these:
- Best Free Fastest Web Browsers for PC
- Best Social Media Security Apps to Protection from Hackers
- 15 Amazing Computer Tricks and Tips Everyone Should Know
- How to Overcome Wireless Car Charger Problem
- Solution for Windows 10 Internet not Working After Windows Update
- Best Free YouTube to MP3 Converters Software
Enabling Stay on Top from the Task Bar
You can also enable and disable Always on Top of the Task Manager in Windows 10 from the taskbar.
Once the task manager has opened (for example, by using the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE), right-click the icon and choose Always on Top
Always on Top for Task Manager in Registry Editor
First, press the Win + R keys to open Run, type Regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.
Then navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor.
In the TaskManager key's right pane, double click/tap on the Preferences binary value to modify it.
Change value data from the 6th row of line 0018 to 01 (on) or 00 (off-default) for what you want, and click/tap on OK.
See image below
That's it, when finished, close Registry Editor.
We hope this article has helped you enable the task manager's always on the top feature in Windows 10. If you have any comments, then feel free to leave them behind. We are sure that “Enabling stay on top from within the task manager” is the best and easiest method. If you have a better one, then let us know! If you like this guide, also check out more awesome stuff here.